www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maxtor 40GB DiamondMax Plus 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurboFool
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Maxtor 40GB DiamondMax Plus 8 Reply with quote

I'm not sure what info to give here, honestly. The data on this label's laid out differently than usual...

Date: 17NOV2002
Code: NAR61590
LBA: 80293248

Beyond that there's a bunch of other stuff like DP/N (02W649), DS/N (long number), REv. A00, HDD SN (E12PP39E), and all kinds of other odd codes.

Sorry if that's not enough, but please suggest what I might have left off that's important.

It's my wife's old HD that just died, and she never listened to me about backing up. She's asked me to just forget about it, but I want to surprise her if I can fix it.

Thanks!
hdd
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Maxtor 40GB DiamondMax Plus 8 Reply with quote

On the PCB connector you should see some numbers "4fEB" etc.. These are the numbers your looking for

Also the long model number 4E0L0xx??xx "??" denotes PCB REVISION

TurboFool wrote:
I'm not sure what info to give here, honestly. The data on this label's laid out differently than usual...

Date: 17NOV2002
Code: NAR61590
LBA: 80293248

Beyond that there's a bunch of other stuff like DP/N (02W649), DS/N (long number), REv. A00, HDD SN (E12PP39E), and all kinds of other odd codes.

Sorry if that's not enough, but please suggest what I might have left off that's important.

It's my wife's old HD that just died, and she never listened to me about backing up. She's asked me to just forget about it, but I want to surprise her if I can fix it.

Thanks!
TurboFool
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a sticker with a barcode on it that says B4FEA as well as 11112LDJHM. Is that what you're looking for?
hdd
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the PCB you want.. If that is the problem Shocked

http://www.ultratec.co.uk/Shop/BasketAdd.asp?ModNo=6E020L0-PCB&SecNo=B4FEA&TerNo=&Price=20.00&Q=0

TurboFool wrote:
There's a sticker with a barcode on it that says B4FEA as well as 11112LDJHM. Is that what you're looking for?
pippo
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: pcb and hard drive Reply with quote

lnx.nands.it
pippo
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: pcb Reply with quote

lnx.nands.it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: