www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some advice from success: MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus 9 160GB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Some advice from success: MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus 9 160GB Reply with quote

Hi all,

just here to post my success story with the Maxtor DM Plus 9, 6Y160P0.
I made a mistake with my power connector and blew the chip.
I frantically did some research online, including visiting this site and reading some related info.

Here are my findings:
Someone posted in the "looking for HD" forum here the link to www.softcom.com.my. That site is helpful.
You can go there and check the logic board specs charts.

fom this page, http://www.softcom.com.my/maxtor_hdd_firmware.htm
you can see that the DM Plus 9 only has a number of logic boards.
Apparently size doesn't matter.

So what I did was went on eBay and found a logic board with the same controller chips and firmware. The guy listed the board as a 80GB PCB board, but I bought it and it works with no qualms.

Hope this helps somebody; good luck to all other adventurous HD failure victims!
zulaica
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Thank You!!! Reply with quote

I ended up finding a drive with the same part number, and sure enough it didn't work. That drive is at home, but I'm sure the firmware doesn't match. Now I know exactly what to look for. Thank you SO much!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: