www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 Logic Board G6FYA or YAR41BWO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonrisa137
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Need Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 Logic Board G6FYA or YAR41BWO Reply with quote

Where exactly is the firmware number? I am getting conflicting advice. The white bar code label on the bottom right corner of my fried drive has the number G6FYA. On the front of the drive it says "Code: YAR41BWO" One of these is, I believe, the firmware and if you have one like this PLEASE answer this post.

Other possibly relevant information: The large square chip on the bottom says Ardent C8-C1 040111300 which I believe is the "main controller IC". The small chip on the bottom says SMOOTH L725OE. I bought two drives on Ebay which I needed anyway that had the same model number 6Y060L0. When I connected the logic boards to my drive, the disk spins but has a clicking noise and can't be read by my PC. The BIOS does detect the drive is there but no specs. I can see a burnt chip on the logic board of my drive and smelled it when it happened. I stupidly connected the power supply backwards. I believe my disk is good if I can just get the right logic board.
DATARECOVERYTORONTO
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the lable on the top must match the new logic board
and allso the white lable underneath which is 8 dig number on some

this is the firmware to marry your hard drive right
this must be 100% or the drive might post but can not read because
of read error as the firmware is wrong

its hit and miss these days as the hard drive company
have got smarter now this is why you must match both id up

older hard drives are diffrent most logic boards will work
but newer stuff its label top and the bar code underneath

if you get both of these right the drive should work 100%
but its very difficult to match these up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, but there are so many different numbers on this drive, I want to make sure I understand. On the bottom of the drive, on the lower black plastic part of the logic board itself, there are two oblong-shaped labels with bar codes. The one on the right is G6FYA (the firmware number). I think I have that one right. The label on the left is 17191778 which I believe refers to the power plug.

Which number is the other number you refer to? The large label which covers the whole top side of the drive has three bar codes with numbers on the lower left: Code: YAR41BWO N. G. C. A., SN: Y2MWGKKE, and 6Y060L0421011. There are more numbers on the lower right corner: LBA: 120203200 and the MFG. Date: 21May2003. There are more number nears the upper right: E-H011-02-3880, 3.5 series. When the logic board is removed, there is yet another bar code on the drive itself with the number MBVAACBAA3174D.

Do you mean that the two numbers I have to match are G6FYA and YAR41BWO? Again, thank you so much for your help. I have things on this drive I would really like to salvage.
happyhappy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OoRobert is correct that YAR41BW0 is the firmware version. G6FYA off the label on the circuit board side of the drive is the firmware revision number, I believe.

Ideally both match, but matching the firmware version number is most critical. I succesfully recovered a drive with matching firmware version numbers but different revision numbers. You might want to review my post on the More Stories thread.

Swapping the logic boards is not difficult or complicated. The hardest part is getting the proper star head screwdriver and not losing the tiny screws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: