www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: PCB Hitachi HDT721010SLA360
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Lee
Deadharddrive regular +4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, For this PCB, there are two kinds of them, pls contact my hotmail to see if I can help or not.

Thanks
Eric
dadafu
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadafu wrote:
I have a friend who has the same drive, I'll see if it is the same PCB and i'll test it on my drive.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank's

His drive have the same PCB (same drive and same MLC) : we tested it on my drive = not detected but spin up correctly.
we tested my PCB on his drive = not detected but spin up correctly.
His drive work correctly with his PCB.

We didn't swap the chip U5, my friend didn't want to take risks for his drive.

If I buy a new PCB to you, i also need to swap u5 ?

Thank's
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadafu wrote:
dadafu wrote:
I have a friend who has the same drive, I'll see if it is the same PCB and i'll test it on my drive.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank's

His drive have the same PCB (same drive and same MLC) : we tested it on my drive = not detected but spin up correctly.
we tested my PCB on his drive = not detected but spin up correctly.
His drive work correctly with his PCB.

We didn't swap the chip U5, my friend didn't want to take risks for his drive.

If I buy a new PCB to you, i also need to swap u5 ?

Thank's

hi,
if you don't want swap it you can program data on it. but i don't think you had equipment for it. so the best way for you if swap it. or you can find out any mobile repair shop for process. as the chip contain adapter data matching with your drive firmware. without matching can't access data area correctly. or contact me by email or MSN for help. i can handle it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
huggy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

does anybody has made some business with this guy below and what was the result ? Is he serious ?

Thanks for a quick reply.

Huggy

--------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Lee
Deadharddrive regular +4

HK MingDi electronics Co., Ltd. http://www.hkmingdi.com/enindex.asp
MSN/E-mail:eric_lee8341@hotmail.com
Specialize in HDD PCB!!! Real in stock!!
huggy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Clone Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a clone for my dead Hitachi HDD - REF : HDT721010SLA360 (Date Code : Aug-2009 - P/N : 0A37993 - S/N : MS0ZZ3YK - MLC : BA3013).

Suddenly, something has happened on the PC startup and now, this HDD is not recognized by the Bios.

The power supply is Ok on several point of the PCB but nothing happen (no noise, no motor vibrations...).

I understood that i have to exchange the U5 NVRAM from my hard disk to the clone. I'm engineer in electronics so I think i can do it myself.

BUT, unfortunately, after many (night) hours, I haven't found any exact complete clone HDD. Sometimes, it's the good PCB reference but not the good HDD reference and sometimes it's the good HDD reference but not the correct PCB sticker.

So, my question is : Is it really necessary to find the complete reference of my complete harddrive or just a clone compliant PCB (same Sticker reference = 0A29987 BA3263 _ MzK929 06V1).

For the last part of the reference, it seems not necessary to have the exact one.

An other point : I don't remember if i have uploaded a firmware update on this HDD (I don't know exactly if it's possible). Is it a problem or not ?

Please, fell free to contact me for an help, answer, indication.

Thank you for your Help.

Best regards.
huggy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Clone Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a clone drive or PCB for my dead Hitachi HDD - REF : HDT721010SLA360 (Date Code : Aug-2009 - P/N : 0A37993 - S/N : MS0ZZ3YK - MLC : BA3013).
PCB Sticker = 0A29987 BA3263 _ MzK929 06V1

Suddenly, something has happened on the PC startup and now, this HDD is not recognized by the Bios.

The different power supply seem Ok on several points of the PCB but nothing happen (no noise, no motor vibrations...).

I have understood that i have to exchange the U5 NVRAM from my hard disk to the clone. I'm engineer in electronics so I think i can do it myself.

BUT, unfortunately, after many (night) hours, I haven't found any exact complete clone HDD. Sometimes, it's the good PCB reference but not the good HDD reference and sometimes it's the good HDD reference but not the correct PCB sticker.

So, my question is : Is it really necessary to find the complete reference of my complete harddrive or just a clone compliant PCB (same Sticker reference = 0A29987 BA3263 _ MzK929 06V1).

For the last part of the PCB reference, it seems not necessary to have the exact one. But for the first part, is it necessary to have the exact one if i change U5 and U7 to my clone ?

Thank you for your Help.

Best regards.
huggy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Clone Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a clone drive or PCB for my dead Hitachi HDD - REF : HDT721010SLA360 (Date Code : Aug-2009 - P/N : 0A37993 - S/N : MS0ZZ3YK - MLC : BA3013).
PCB Sticker = 0A29987 BA3263 _ MzK929 06V1

The different power supply seem Ok on several points of the PCB but nothing happen (no noise, no motor vibrations...).

I have understood that i have to exchange the U5 NVRAM from my hard disk to the clone. I'm engineer in electronics so I think i can do it myself.

For the last part of the PCB reference, it seems not necessary to have the exact one. But for the first part, is it necessary to have the exact one if i change U5 and U7 to my clone ?

Thank you for your Help.

Best regards.
huggy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Hi,

i have a really good new : my hard disk is repared.

After long (night) researchs, i have found a hard disk that matches exactly with mine.

After changing the NVRAM, I've got access to my hard drive.

!!!!!!!!!! THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!
salvationdata
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article for hitachi pcb swap

http://www.hddzone.com/conditions.html

If you still have any questions please contact them.
kuwona
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: PCB Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 Reply with quote

Hi All -

Hope it's okay to resurrect this old thread. I have a HDT721010SLA360 that started clicking and won't mount. I read fzabkar's post below and used a multimeter to measure across the two suspected diodes.

Here's a link to the the readings from the multimeter:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g2znh2xsijmtyjb/AABGaTj06V_OdFrtP99yTy1za?dl=0

Can anyone help me determine from these images if one of my diodes is bad?

Thanks!

fzabkar wrote:
Use a multimeter on the 200 ohms range to test the components in the photo clip:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/HDD/HDT721010SLA360_TVS.jpg

If you don't have a multimeter, a digital one should only cost you US$10.

I suspect that your 5V TVS diode is shorted.

Once you have found the faulty diode, you can snip it out with flush cutters. If there is no other damage, the drive will work without it, but it will no longer have overvoltage protection on the affected supply rail, so be absolutely sure your power supply is OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: