www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung 320GB HD321KJ, FW CP100-12, T166S, BF41-00133A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zasumar
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Samsung 320GB HD321KJ, FW CP100-12, T166S, BF41-00133A Reply with quote

Need a replacement PCB for the subject drive.

Preferably would like just the PCB, but willing to buy a replacement HDD altogether.

Need this ASAP!

Thanks
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 320GB HD321KJ, FW CP100-12, T166S, BF41-00133A Reply with quote

Can you describe the failure symptom?

If you upload a detailed photo, one of us may be able to help you repair your board, or at least confirm that the problem isn't elsewhere.
zasumar
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung 320GB HD321KJ, FW CP100-12, T166S, BF41-00133A Reply with quote

fzabkar wrote:
Can you describe the failure symptom?

If you upload a detailed photo, one of us may be able to help you repair your board, or at least confirm that the problem isn't elsewhere.

The computer was working perfectly fine. All of a sudden, everything froze and I assumed it was just an operating system crash.

However, when I rebooted, the computer didn't get past the 'Intel Matrix Storage Manager' BIOS Screen where it says that one of the HDDs status is 'Error Occurred (0)'.

When I opened the case of the machine and inspected the drive, there's a slight clicking sound, although it's not a very loud or harsh one. It's more like a gentle click that repeats over and over.

From what I can tell, nothing seems to be wrong with the disk, but I think the PCB has malfunctioned.

This is a photo of the back of the drive: http://db.tt/JWOxzaq

This is a photo of the front of the drive: http://db.tt/xsw9Zi1

Have not taken off the PCB or opened the HDD in any way.

Contacted a data recovery company and they recommended trying a new PCB before anything else.

Have read various things such as hitting/freezing the drive??

Please help!
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung 320GB HD321KJ, FW CP100-12, T166S, BF41-00133A Reply with quote

It doesn't sound to me like a board fault. If the drive is making noises, but the motor is not spinning, then this would suggest a stiction issue or a seized motor. Although a replacement board shouldn't be too expensive, I think you would be wasting your money. :-(

See this thread, but heed the warnings:
http://forums.seagate.com/t5/FreeAgent-Products/Seagate-1T-External-Hard-Drive-Hum/m-p/54242#M11384

AIUI, a straight board swap on a Samsung drive is OK provided that the boards are matched. That is, unlike Seagates and WDs, you probably won't need to transfer the serial flash memory IC to your donor PCB.
wdmjys
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hddzone.com/samsung-pcb-bf4100133a-p-156.html

This donor pcb can be find here.
corbingravely
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would require more details of the PCB you require. All the port details and the HDD compatible details as well. And what is your budget? I need to know your budget so that I can meet your requirements accurately.

-------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
alzheimer home care
--------------------------

Last edited by corbingravely on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
corbingravely
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

I am afraid they have stopped manufacturing these version of the hard disk. The only way I feel this can be fixed is by getting parts from other dead hard drives, it would take a lot of time and is something I would not advice.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[ corbingravely ]
mesa az mobile home parks
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: